Covid19 Latest Travel News
Last Updated - 29 December 2020
These are the latest details that we are aware of regarding travel to Zimbabwe, during Covid-19. We live in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and will update this page with any amendments that we become aware of.
• Zimbabwe's international airports are open to receive international travellers.
• Zimbabwe's land borders are open to receive international and regional travellers.
• Travelling by air or road within Zimbabwe's borders is permitted without any permits or requirements.
• Victoria Falls National Park is open for visitors to see the waterfall. Normal opening hours apply.
• Most hotels and lodges in Victoria Falls are open.
• Some restaurants and bars in Victoria Falls are open.
• Most activities are open in Victoria Falls.
• Please check with us for the exact details on the above.
Arriving By Air
• All passengers arriving at Harare, Bulawayo or Victoria Falls International Airports are required to present a negative PCR COVID-19 Clearance Certificate obtained within 48 hours of boarding. Passengers can then proceed unless the officials believe a traveller to be symptomatic. They then may be required to undergo a further PCR test on arrival at the travellers own cost ($60).
• An Airport Official may also take passengers' temperatures. Anyone recording a temperature equal to or higher than 38°C will be tested for COVID-19.
• Travellers that test positive will then be required to go into local isolation for 10 days if they have no symptoms, or 13 days if they are symptomatic. Isolation is at the traveller's own expense.
• After isolation, travellers will need to be retested before they are permitted to travel home or on to their next destination.
• Travellers are to adhere to WHO COVID-19 standard practices at all times, such as maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask in public and practicing personal hygiene.
Arriving Through A Land Border
• All travellers arriving at one of Zimbabwe's land borders are required to present a negative PCR COVID-19 Clearance Certificate obtained within 48 hours of arrival. Travellers can then proceed unless the officials believe a traveller to be symptomatic. Without the certificate travellers will be refused entry.
• If your staying in Zimbabwe and your PCR certificate expires according to the requirements of your onward destination. PCR tests are available at all international airports, with result being returned within 3 to 6 hrs. In Victoria Falls test are available at some of the lodges or at the health bridge clinic in the town centre.